Catsense new job opportunities
Catsense is a multi-disciplinary project between state-of-the-art laboratories and industries that will merge physics, chemistry, computational quantum chemistry, and biosciences and utilize a unique combination of very advanced cluster deposition sources as well as in situ characterization techniques.
Catsense's new interactive approach will combine:
- the production of mono- and bi-metallic gas-phase clusters (few atoms to 5 nm) of controlled homogeneity,
- the extensive characterization of their morphology, structure (ex and in situ) and optical properties,
- the theoretical modeling and screening,
- the catalytic and biosensing laboratory tests followed by the prototyping of the most promising catalyst and biosensor.
Catsense’s training programme is based on a strong collaboration between the public and the private sector and will combine local expert training at each academic and industrial partner, a network-wide secondment scheme, and an intense series of seminars, workshops and schools. Its goal is to provide each ESR employed in the network with a unique set of cross-cutting expertise & skills, as demanded by employers in nanoscience & nanotechnology both in academia and industry.
We are now looking for highly motivated candidates with a master in Management, Economics, Business economics for a new ESR12 position with starting date of August 1st 2017.
The first closing date for receipt of applications will be June 30th 2017.
However, we will consider applications until the post is filled. Please read carefully the employment conditions.
Please note that this is a position for five months.
- The gross salary for all ESR positions is around 38000 euros/year plus a mobility allowance of ca. 700 to 1000 euros/month.
- The gross salary for all ER positions is around 58000 euros/year plus a mobility allowance of ca. 700 to 1000 euros/month.
- Eligible ESR/ER candidates may be of any nationality but must not, at the time of recruitment have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 last years immediately prior to the reference date.
- ESR Candidates (PhD position) must be, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the Master degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate.
- ER Candidates (Postdoctoral position) must either be in possession of a doctoral degree in an appropriate subject at the time of appointment, or must have at least four years of research experience (full-time equivalent). Applicants with research experience longer than five years (full time equivalent, including time for graduation) are not eligible.
- Each ESR/ER will have to organise at least one secondment (temporary transfer to another Catsense partner) during the duration of his/her employment.
- Each ESR/ER is expected to participate actively in the network management tasks and organization of training/network events as well as in regular yearly Outreach Activities targeting different audiences.
- Proficiency with the English language (including both written and oral fluency) is essential
- Recruitment, selection, appointments follow the European Charter & Code of Conduct. All Catsense partners commit themselves to provide equal opportunities for male & female ESR/ERs.