ESR4: Bela Sebok - Technical University of Denmark
I received my BSc and MSc degrees in applied physics at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Budapest, Hungary). My master project was about the investigation of hydrogen storage in metal alloys and I have spent 4 months at Fachhochschule Südwestfalen (Soest, Germany) as a research assistant doing research in this field.
After finishing my MSc I have spent 2 years as a researcher in Budapest, developing an instrument and test method to characterize the diffusion properties of gases in thin membranes before joining the CATSENSE project.
In the CATSENSE project, I developed novel catalysts based on bimetallic deposited clusters tested in gas-flow microreactors.
I have finished my PhD at the Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics, Surface Physics & Catalysis (Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark) group under the supervision of Prof. Ib Chorkendorff.
My main interests are materials science and materials research instrumentation. I have experience in a wide range of surface analytical methods such as XPS, LEIS, AES, SIMS, EDX, electron microscopy (SEM and TEM) and mass spectrometry along with extended knowledge of vacuum instrumentation.
- B. Sebők, G. Kiss, P.J. Szabó, D. Rigler, M.L. Molnár, G. Dobos, F. Réti, H. Szőcs, Á.F. Joób, S. Bogdán and Gy. Szabó; SEM and EDS investigation of a pyrolytic carbon covered C/C composite maxillofacial implant retrieved from the human body after 8 years; Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 24(3), 821-828 (2013)
- Sebők, G. Kiss, G. Dobos, F. Réti, T. Majoros and O.H. Krafcsik; Novel instrument and method for the investigation of small permeation fluxes of gases through different membranes, Measurement, 46(9), 3516–3524 (2013)
- Kiss, B. Sebők, P.J. Szabó, Á.F. Joób and Gy. Szabó; Surface analytical studies of maxillofacial implants: influence of the preoperational treatment and the human body on the surface properties of retrieved implants, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, 25(3), 1062-1067 (2014)
- Szabó, J. Barabás, S. Bogdán, Zs. Németh, B. Sebők and G. Kiss; Long-term clinical and experimental/surface analytical studies of carbon/carbon maxillofacial implants, Maxillofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 37(1), paper 34 (2015)
- Sebők, F. Réti and G. Kiss; Calibration of a novel instrument for the investigation of small permeation fluxes of gases through membranes, Measurement, 59, 241-247 (2015)
- Kemppainen, A. Bodin, B. Sebok, T. Pedersen, B. Seger, B. Mei, D. Bae, P.C.K. Vesborg, J., O. Hansen, P.D. Lund and I. Chorkendorff; Scalability and feasibility of photoelectrochemical H 2 evolution: the ultimate limit of Pt nanoparticle as an HER catalyst, Energy & Environmental Science, 8(10), 2991-2999 (2015)
- Sebők, M. Schülke, F. Réti and G. Kiss; Diffusivity, permeability and solubility of H2, Ar, N2, and CO2 in poly(tetrafluoroethylene) between room temperature and 180 °C, Polymer Testing, 49, 66-72 (2016)
- N. Riedel, M. D. Rötzer, M. Jørgensen, U.G. Vej-Hansen, T. Pedersen, B. Sebok, F.F. Schweinberger, P.C.K. Vesborg, O. Hansen, J. Schiøtz, U. Heiz and I. Chorkendorff; H2/D2 exchange reaction on mono-disperse Pt clusters: enhanced activity from minute O2 concentrations, Catalysis Science & Technology, 6(18), 6893-6900 (2016)
Further 4 manuscripts under preparation (Updated June 2017).